The apprentice will be learning to carry out the following tasks and duties and will be proficient by the end of the one-year apprenticeship:
- Assisting the Chef Manager in the preparation and cooking of hot and cold food dishes. Will be supported in developing the skills to prepare and cook specific dishes to a high standard.
- Learn about HACCP guidelines and record temperatures within set guidelines.
- Assist with the clear down of the kitchen at the end of each service.
- Assisting the Food Services Assistant in the preparation of all dining and kitchen areas for lunch service / other events. Clearing and cleaning dining areas at the end of service ensuring that they conform to hygiene standards.
- Working with the Food Services Assistant to ensure that service runs smoothly and to a high standard at all times (replenishing food, water, clearing plates etc). Learning to resolve any issues or complaints swiftly, providing feedback to the Chef Manager.
- Completing regular temperature checks of the hot and cold tables during service as directed.
- Assist the Food Services Assistant with the stocking of meeting rooms with water and glasses as well as providing refreshments discreetly at the commencement of meetings and as required and clearing afterwards.
- Coding and recording department invoices.
- Supporting the team whilst other members are absent. e.g. helping temporary staff, assisting with planning menus and ordering food within budget.
- To carry out any other duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.