2018 Degree Apprentice Programme in various locations
Currently we have vacancies located in London, Aston (near Birmingham), Woking, Sale (near Manchester), Treforest (near Cardiff), Telford for :
5th March 2018
4th June 2018
3rd September 2018
5th November 2018
You will need to be flexible and able to travel to different offices and client sites after your first 3 months. During the first 9 weeks you will experience an induction and training programme in a residential environment with Week 1 based at our Telford offices and then Weeks 2-9 on campus at Aston University.
We have a number of different roles based across the UK. These include Software Developer, Software Test Consultant and Technical Application Consultant. If you reach the assessment centre stage, we will talent pool you towards the most suitable role based on your technology background and location preference.
Why a Degree Apprenticeship?
If you are looking for an alternative, accelerated path into the IT industry, you should consider this 4 ½ year study and work programme from Capgemini. It includes all the opportunities you need to prepare for a successful career in the IT industry, acquiring technical skills in software engineering as well as broader business related personal development.
The degree is: BSc (Honours) in Digital & Technology Solutions. This has three, eighteen month stages, each equivalent to a normal academic year. Each stage comprises three six-month blocks. This pattern of study is designed to fit around full-time employment and uses a blended learning approach, which mixes distance learning, work-based study and attendance at on-campus study days.
This approach allows apprentices to be both productive employees with Capgemini, learning relevant skills on the job, and participants in a learning community of students who are broadening and deepening their professional knowledge together.
On finishing your Degree Apprenticeship successfully, you will be a highly qualified member of Capgemini global business, with unparalleled career opportunities within the business.
What do we offer?
• The opportunity to study part-time for a BSc (Honours) in Digital & Technology Solutions and several professional qualifications
• A thorough grounding in software engineering and consulting
• Valuable experience on client projects on-going support from experts in your chosen field and from buddies or mentors
• The chance to develop skills in environments such as C# .net; Drupal/PHP; Microsoft, Java, SQL and to work with Cloud Computing and Software as a Service (SaaS)
• Regular reviews, tracking performance and re-assessing salary in line with performance
• Relevant and substantial work experience
• The opportunity to reach and exceed the salary of a graduate entrant after end of the 4 ½ years
• No student loan or tuition fee debts
• Sponsorship, giving you a debt free start to your career – our Degree Apprentices study for a degree without requiring a university loan
Skills and Experience
• High analytical capability.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability and willingness to travel to different offices and client sites.
• Interest in IT – gained via a hobby, work experience or personal study
• Personable – good team working, communications skills. Ability to get on with people you will be working with.
• Technical aptitude
• Proven academic achievements/qualifications in IT or related subjects e.g. STEM subjects.
• Demonstrable passion and capability in software development (e.g. you might have designed a website or done some programming)
This programme is designed for those with A-levels or equivalent, but no degree. We have a separate programme for those with GCSEs but no A-Levels and different graduate programmes. Information about work experience opportunities can be found on our website.
To be eligible, you need:
• 7 GCSE’s 9-4 including Maths and English. Preference is given to candidates with good grades in STEM Subjects (e.g. Maths, Computing, IT, Physics etc.)
• To have or expect three 4’s at A-Level (240 UCAS Points) or equivalent. Preference is given to candidates with good grades in STEM Subjects.
NOTE: Some of the Software Engineer roles available in Birmingham, London and Manchester require A Level Maths at 4 grade or above.
How to apply
Click the ‘Apply here’ button below and follow the instructions. All candidates MUST complete the Application Form. Please note that you MUST also state your grades for all relevant qualifications as it is a requirement for the programme.
What happens next?
If your application for a Degree Apprenticeship is short listed, you’ll be asked to complete a Situational Strength Test. If you’re successful there, the next stage will be a Digital Interview. Next, you’ll be invited to an assessment centre consisting of an interview and a group/paired exercises.