Intermediate Catering Apprenticeship in Gosport
5 days left
- Apprenticeship Qualification
- Apprenticeship Standard
Apprentice Chef needed to work within a busy kitchen, you will be involved in:
- Day to day aspects of preparation and presentation of food offered to club members
- Assist in ordering, stock control, menu planning and pricing
- Assist with function planning and identify opportunities for business growth
- Carry out instructions given by the chef/food service manager who will provide oversight and supervision
- At all times comply with Health & Safety policies
Requirements and prospects
- Clear communicator
- Able to take instructions
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Passion to work within this industry
You will need to have a Level 1 in English and Maths (GCSE A-E or 9-5) or equivalent.
Ideally you will have previous experience/qualifications in Catering.
Subject to the performance and commitment shown by the candidate the club is looking to employ a 2nd Chef following successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The Sailing Club is located on the Gosport side of Portsmouth Harbour, it is a 10 minute walk from the Gosport Ferry. Please be aware this role will involve spending long periods of time standing.The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Working week will be 5 days Monday-Sunday. Shifts TBC. Total hours per week: 30.00