Hairdressing Apprentice in Poole
Weekly wage £136.90
Working week Max 40 hours per week, 5 days per week including college day.
Total hours per week: 37.00
Apprenticeship duration 24 months
Possible start date 04 Sep 2018
Date posted 7 days ago
Apprenticeship level Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Reference number VAC001367030
Positions 1 available
An exciting opportunity to become a talented and highly trained stylist.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- To assist in the salon doing general housekeeping (cleaning), assisting with clients, reception duties.
- You will report directly to the salon manager for your daily duties and job role.
- Your training and learning towards a NVQ Level 2 hairdressing qualification which will be on model clients- this will included shampooing, treatments, blow drying, setting, applying colours and cutting practice.
- You will be working as part of a team.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, an interest in hairdressing
- Confident and friendly personality
- People person
- Good listener
- Professional appearance
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English 4/C or above not required but desirable.
Qualified NVQ Level 2 hairdresser and to progress onto a NVQ level 3 Hairdressing qualification.
Things to consider
Your will be invited in for an interview at Bournemouth and Poole college prior to your interview at the salon.
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close a vacancy prior to the closing date if a high number of applicants have been received.
Optional For this job you need to be confident and hardworking. You will be dealing with Clients and Colleagues and will need to do this in a professional manner. There will be a variety of responsibilities and you may often work a quite pressurised but very rewarding environment. You will be expected to be professional, a good timekeeper and conscientious in all that you do. Being proactive, enthusiastic and able to take on new challenges will be seen as very important.
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour (£3.70 an hour on April 1st, 2018). This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.05 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.50 for those over 25.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates