Software Engineering Academy (Leeds)
Duration: 24 months
Requirements: Minimum of 5 GCSEs A* – C including in English and Maths
Start date: 6th August 2018
How our programme works and your key responsibilities:
Our programme lasts for 24 months, below is an outline of what this will involve:
- For the first 4 weeks, you’ll be on a boot camp training programme giving you experience in software engineering principles and languages such as Agile, Java development, test-driven development and continuous build and integration.
- You’ll then be placed into different areas of Sky to work on real projects called ‘Educational Projects’. You’ll work alongside senior Software Engineers and experience everyday life at Sky in an exciting technical environment.
Qualification achieved: Level 4 Software Developer Apprenticeship with a potential to progress up to a level 6 (equivalent to a full degree qualification).
- A passion for technology and a strong interest in programming and coding
- Ideally you’ll have some coding experience. This could be from school or from having a go at home
- Good communication and team working skills
- You’ll be able to pick things up quickly and work well under pressure
- Minimum of 5 GCSE grades A*-C including in English and Maths
Happy to talk flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better