Annual salary £12,500 payable monthly
The company offer 29 paid holidays per annum.
A bonus scheme is in place for all staff
The business will support AAT qualification through the apprenticeship scheme.
The company offer an auto enrolment pension scheme awarded to qualifying members (subject to age)
The company offer concessionary travel on our hovercraft service and offer benefits from various transport and retail outlets
Highbury College are delighted to be working in conjunction with Hovertravel. Hovertravel, who are based on isle of Wight, were established in 1968 and are part of Bland Group of companies, employ 86 people across the business. They operate the only scheduled hovercraft service across Europe, providing key transport links across the Solent for over 750,000 passengers.
As a Finance Apprentice you will be expected to primarily focus on various aspects of purchase ledger from invoice matching, posting of invoices and reconciling supplier statements. Other roles will be to report attraction sales and post sales journals as well as supporting Finance Assistant on Sales Ledger.
Daily duties will include:
- Running and maintaining the purchase ledger system which is run through Sage
- Matching invoices to purchase orders and posting invoices to the ledger for payment
- Liaise with department heads regarding invoice queries
- Daily reporting of sales of tickets to local attractions and parking in Southsea
- Getting involved with other financial aspects of the business as the apprenticeship progresses
No previous financial experience is required but may be beneficial. The successful candidate will need to have a good standard pf spoken and written English as well as being computer literate.
You will be working as part of a small team and it is important that you are flexible in your approach to work as may be required at times to assist in other areas of Finance and have no problems in timekeeping.
The entry requirements for this apprenticeship are a minimum of 5 GCSEs including Maths and English grades A-C/9-4 or Functional Skills Level 2.
The apprenticeship will run over 18 months and will include the successful candidate working Monday to Friday, the working week will also include one day a week at Highbury College in Cosham.
More apprenticeships like this
- Business, management and administration 3 - Advanced Apprenticeship £200 - £249 apprenticeships in Ryde
- Business administrator 3 - Advanced Apprenticeship £200 - £249 apprenticeships in Ryde
- Financial services, banking and insurance 3 - Advanced Apprenticeship £200 - £249 apprenticeships in Ryde
- Financial services administrator 3 - Advanced Apprenticeship £200 - £249 apprenticeships in Ryde